Do you stress over putting an easy gluten-free dinner on the table every night?
Honestly, it gets easier as you continue your gluten-free journey. Once you collect a few delicious and easy gluten-free dinner recipes you can relax.
Today’s recipe fits that exactly, and will soon be one of your favorites!
A few years ago I tried the Autoimmune Protocol, an extremely specified diet, to try to get to the bottom of any other food allergies or intolerances I was experiencing then. I loved the food shared from the program, and still cook many of the recipes, but overall the AIP diet was not a good fit for me. This was not something I could sustain.
The AIP diet did however show me that the meat I was eating truly bothering my body. We then switched to grass-fed beef and organic chicken and turkey. I have to say, it has made a big difference.
My version of this Gluten-Free Beef and Veggie Bake was from Mickey Trescott and Angie Alt’s book, The Autoimmune Wellness Handbook (an absolutely wonderful resource.)
I found each time I made this easy gluten-free dinner we made substitutions and changed it up a lot. There are so many ways you can make this dish – always delicious!
We love it so much that we wanted to share it with you. Not only is it delicious – it’s a healthy meal you can make in minutes.
Gluten-Free Beef & Veggie Bake
Start with all fresh, whole ingredients.
Sauté, dice, and mix together.
Bake for 45 minutes and dinner is ready!
Serve with spinach, or over quinoa or brown rice.
Once baked, dinner is served!
This easy dinner is great for all meals – breakfast, lunch, or dinner, whether heated or served cold. It’s a great meal to cook ahead of time to reheat and serve on a busy evening.
Now you have a perfect, easy, gluten-free dinner for your recipe file.
Would you serve this for dinner
at your home?
Beef & Veggie Bake
- 1 lb. grass-fed beef
- ½ large butternut squash
- 2-3 sweet potatoes
- 2 green apples
- 1 small sweet onion (or about 5 green onions)
- 2 t. cinnamon
- ¼ t. cloves
- 1 ½ t. dried thyme
- 1 t. ground ginger
- 1 T dried parsley (or a bunch of fresh parsley chopped)
- 2 T coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- Dice the onion, or clean and slice the green onion.
- Sauté the beef on medium until cooked through, then add in the onions. Sauté for a few minutes, until the onions soften.
- While the beef is cooking, peel the butternut squash, sweet potatoes and green apples, then chop into bite sized chunks. Place all into a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle all the spices over the veggies and apples.
- Melt the coconut oil and drizzle over the vegetable mixture. Stir to coat.
- Once the meat and onions are ready, spoon over the vegetable mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Once baked, dinner is served!