Finding healthy gluten-free snacks is so much easier today than when I started on my journey years ago.
Baking at home can push you to a higher level of health as you are in charge of what goes in your recipe.
Our Favorite One
This Coconut Chocolate Chip Bar has become one of our go-to favorites whenever we are in the mood to bake or share with friends. At our home that is almost every day!
I found a Coconut Chocolate Blondie Recipe on the Gluten-Free & More Website. It seemed like a healthy option, but I didn’t have all the ingredients they called for in their recipe. We tried a few versions until we finally hit the jackpot.
This is an easy, quick, and healthy snack to offer your family and friends! Who could ask for more!
The coconut gives it such sweetness that we’ve cut the sugar, and you don’t even miss it.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
These bars don’t ever last an afternoon at our house!
Hope that satisfies your snack attack!
Gluten-Free Snack Attack: Coconut Bars
- 2 eggs
- 3 T coconut oil
- 4 T all natural applesauce
- 1 T honey (optional)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup millet flour
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. guar gum
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ - ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly oil an 8 x 8 pan with coconut oil. (If you want a thicker bar use a smaller pan and check the middle to make sure it is baked through completely, a knife should come out clean.)
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil.
- In another bowl, combine all wet ingredients, except for the coconut oil.
- Dump dry ingredients over wet ingredients.
- Last, pour the coconut oil over the dry ingredients. (Make sure this isn’t too hot as it can cook your eggs.)
- Mix until combined. Lastly, add the chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan, pressing down equally around the pan.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Cool. Cut into bars and ENJOY!