There’s nothing better in the fall than pumpkins. At our house, we love to make gluten-free pumpkin muffins!
We try to incorporate pumpkin into everything at our house.
Our gluten-free pumpkin muffins are one of the favorites we’ve been making for years!
The best part of cooking with pumpkin is all the spices that go along with it. They embrace your kitchen and create a soothing, peaceful atmosphere within your home.
These make the perfect afternoon snack or breakfast on the go.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup pumpkin (canned or fresh mashed)
- ½ cup applesauce (all natural, no sugar added)
- 2 eggs (or 2T ground flaxseed plus 6T water)
- 3 T pure maple syrup
- 1 t. vanilla
- ¾ cup Organic Rice Milk (or milk of choice)
- ¾ cup Organic Brown Rice Flour
- ½ cup Millet Flour
- ½ t. guar gum
- 1 t. baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 T ground flax seed
- 2 t. cinnamon
- ½ t. nutmeg
- ¼ t. ginger
- ¼ t. cloves (optional)
Add-ins: chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Add all the dry ingredients in one bowl. Stir to combine well.
- Add the pumpkin, applesauce, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla in another bowl. Whisk together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, a little at a time. Mix well, adding in the milk until all is blended and incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips or other add-ins – or simply bake the muffin plain
- Oil or line muffin tins with baking cups. Coconut oil or Earth Balance butter work well. Scoop batter into muffin tins, filling to the rim of each cup.
- Bake in preheated oven according to size: *small mini-muffin pans: about 20 minutes, *Regular muffin tins: 25-30 minutes
- Knife should come out clean when completely baked. *They will dry out if over baked.
- Makes one dozen muffins or about 24 mini muffins.
- Let cool on a rack. Freeze or enjoy right away.