Cranberry . . . orange . . . chocolate . . . need I say more!
These three flavors blend together so beautifully to complement your holiday, breakfast, or snack time any day of the week.
Muffins are a fabulous treat. One alone can truly satisfy, making these a great snack for you or your kids. While they are low in sugar, they are full of taste!
Try the recipe below to get in the kitchen with your children and create some baking memories together.
Grab your fresh, pure ingredients to create an easy and delicious treat to share with your family.
cranberries, orange zest, eggs, gluten-free flour, pure maple syrup
and vanilla, along with applesauce and chocolate chips,
and your favorite dairy-free milk –
all to create a satisfying treat
Mix everything up and scoop it into your muffin tin to bake to perfection.
Mixing organic brown rice flour with millet flour gives these muffins a great consistency and form.
One bite will transform you straight to Christmas morning.
The perfect muffin to add a little sparkle and pop of flavor to your holiday season.
Check out the recipe and make these at your house!
Cranberry-Orange Gluten-Free Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (or 3T of pure maple syrup)
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup millet flour
- 1 T ground flax seed
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. guar gum
- ½ t. cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- zest of an orange
- ¾ cup rice milk
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Mix the flours, ground flaxseed, baking soda, guar gum, sea salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Zest the orange over this bowl, then mix to combine. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse the cranberries and pull out any that do not look good (smashed or rotten). Chop the cranberries in half and set to the side.
- Combine the eggs, applesauce, vanilla, sugar or maple syrup in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir to combine. Slowly add in the milk as you mix everything together. Stir to combine but do not over mix.
- Slowly fold in the chocolate chips and the cranberries.
- Use paper liners, or oil a 12 muffin tin. Fill each muffin section evenly, ¾ full.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. (mini-muffins should bake for 15-18 minutes).
- Allow to sit in the pan for three minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy within two days or freeze any leftovers to keep fresh.
Download our Gluten-Free
Baking Cheat Sheet
for great tips to use at your house!
Click below for your copy: