Gluten-Free Frittatas make the perfect summertime meal.
In the mood for a quiche and just don’t have the time to make the crust? No problem.
Frittatas are similar to quiches without the crust. They are a delicious light meal, especially for a summer evening.
Baked in a muffin tin, you have single servings that are easy to plate for dinner or save for lunch the following day. Even easier, they can be served warm or chilled.
The options to create different Frittatas are endless. Prepare all of the gluten-free Frittatas the same, or create individually per person. This is a great way to keep the kids involved by helping to prepare the veggies, grating cheese or oiling the muffin tins.
Collect your supplies
Gather your mixing bowl, whisk, 12 cup muffin tin, eggs, choice of milk, cutting board and knives.
Then, get as creative as you like. Try some of these ideas for your Frittatas:
broccoli & cheese
Onions & peppers (cooked or raw)
Ham & cheese & tomato
Spinach and tomato
Chicken sausage & parsley & tomato
Mix and match the spices as well – try basil, parsley, oregano or thyme.
Be creative and mix it up
Start with cleaning and preparing all of your add-ins.
Clean and chop the spinach. Dice the peppers and onions. Slice the tomatoes and sausage (Precooked sausage works well here.) Simply prepare all of your add-in choices. Use raw vegetables or sauté them. If cooking, allow time for the vegetables to cool before adding the egg mixture in the next step, or the eggs may start to cook and create a lumpy Frittata.
Lightly oil the muffin tins. Then, fill each muffin cup about 1/2 way with your chosen add-in ingredients.
Whisk the eggs together and slowly add the milk. Add spices to the egg mixture. Parsley and basil work well with most of these fillings. Add a good pinch of dry herbs or chop up fresh herbs for a stronger flavor.
Slowly pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup, filling just under the top of the muffin cup.
Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until set. As they cool, they may flatten down a bit.
This recipe is easy & delicious
and you can make a different version each time you bake it!
Once baked you can enjoy these gluten-free Frittatas warm or pop them in the fridge for another meal or snack. This is the perfect recipe to make ahead for dinner on a busy day. Isn’t it fabulous when dinner is done when you walk in the door?
Serve with a side salad, a gluten-free muffin, fruit salad or roasted sweet potatoes.
Perfect dish for a busy summer dinner!
What would you put in your Frittatas?
Fun Frittatas Gluten-Free & Dairy Free
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup of your favorite milk (dairy free use rice milk/coconut milk)
- Olive oil for the muffin tins
Add-in options: any vegetables, cheeses (dairy free), meats
Spices add great flavor: basil, parsley, oregano, thyme. Choose one or two that go with your combinations.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly oil a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Prepare all of your mix-ins: washing, chopping, grating.
- Fill each muffin cup about half way, with your desired add-ins.
- Whisk all eggs together. Then add the milk and mix well.
- Add any spices you are using to the egg mixture or leave plain.
- Pour egg mixture over the top of each muffin cup, filling each cup just under the rim.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until set.
- Let cool a few minutes before taking out of the muffin tin.
- Serve while warm, or chill in the fridge for later.
- Serve with a side salad, a gluten-free muffin, fruit salad or roasted veggies.