Do you love pumpkin?
We go crazy for pumpkin at our house! Just reading new recipes with pumpkin always makes my mouth water.
Unfortunately, most of the recipes we find are filled with sugar or are not gluten-free. My days of adding cups of sugar to my baked goods and treats are over. No thanks.
The next best thing?
Time to create our own recipe
These are gluten-free and dairy-free with minimal natural sugar. Our own pumpkin bites came out delicious. A healthy treat you can enjoy!
Now there’s no need to wait until Thanksgiving for your pumpkin pie craving. Make these little treats and have a small piece of pumpkin pie explode in every bite.
Even better . . . dip these amazing bites in your favorite dark chocolate for a touch of antioxidants and a boost of flavor in your mouth!
½ cup of mashed pumpkin (organic canned or mash fresh pumpkin)
2 Tablespoons of coconut oil – melted
1/2 cup coconut flour*
3 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ginger
½ teaspoon of nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon of cloves
½ cup dark chocolate chips (gluten-free & dairy-free)
1-2 Tablespoons of water, as needed
*No coconut flour? Use oat flour (Certified Gluten-Free Oats).
No oat flour? Grind oats in a food processor or coffee grinder to make oat flour.
Steps to Get Started
Add everything to a bowl except the chocolate chips.
Melt the coconut oil and pour over all of the ingredients – add it last.
(I find it all mixes up better when added at the end.)
Mix until all combined. If the dough is a little too dry,
add water, 1 tablespoon at a time to help it come together.
Using a small scoop or spoon, scoop the dough and roll it into small balls,
a little smaller than a golf ball.
Place on a plate or parchment paper and put in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
Then, melt the chocolate slowly in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stove.
Place the pumpkin bites on a piece of parchment paper.
Drizzle the chocolate over the top
or roll the pumpkin balls in the chocolate to coat.
Let the chocolate set before eating.
(Put them in the fridge to set, for about 30 minutes)
Keep in a closed container in the fridge.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bites with Chocolate
- ½ cup mashed pumpkin (organic canned or mash fresh pumpkin)
- 2 T coconut oil - melted
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 T pure maple syrup
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. cinnamon
- ½ t. ginger
- ½ t. nutmeg
- ⅛ t. cloves
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1-2 T water, as needed
- Add everything to a bowl except the chocolate chips, adding in the melted coconut oil last.
- Mix until all combined.If dough is dry, add water as needed to bring the dough together.
- Using a small scoop or spoon, scoop the dough and roll into small balls, a little smaller than a golf ball.
- Place on a plate or parchment paper and put in fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Then, melt the chocolate slowly in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stove.
- Pace all the pumpkin bites on a piece of parchment paper.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top or roll the pumpkin balls in the chocolate to coat.
- Let chocolate set before eating. Enjoy!