Need a treat to share with your sweetie on Valentine’s Day (or any day!)?
Try this healthy, satisfying creamy chocolate pudding. Yes, a pudding with health benefits!
Good fats are necessary for your health. Do not be afraid! Your body needs good fats to work properly and create healthy cells to keep you feeling fabulous. We are NOT talking about your basic junk chocolate you find in the candy aisle loaded with sugar and chemicals. Good fats are those found in avocados, olive oil, nuts and seeds.
Lovely avocados and dark chocolate are great additions to good nutrition.
So, mix this delicious pudding up and feel good knowing that you are giving your body a healthy dose of love.
Creamy Gluten-free Chocolate Pudding
2 ripe avocados
3 T raw cacao powder or your favorite cocoa powder
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
2 T pure maple syrup
1 t vanilla
2/3 cup coconut milk or organic rice milk
Prepare the pudding completely in the blender or cream the avocados in a food processor, then whisk everything together in a separate bowl.
First, wash and cut the avocados in half. Scoop the flesh into a blender.
Then, cream the avocados.
Add a little of the milk if needed.
In a small bowl, place the chocolate chips with 1 T water.
Microwave for about 20 seconds to melt, give it a good stir to cream the chocolate.
(You can also melt the chocolate on the stovetop in a double boiler.)
Combine the creamed avocado, melted chocolate chips, cacao powder, vanilla and maple syrup. Either add everything into a bowl to mix by hand, or add all ingredients into the food processor. With the latter, you’ll need to stop and mix as you blend.
Completely blend together. Slowly add the milk. A little less milk will create a thicker pudding, much like a mousse. More milk gives a creamier pudding. Mix until well blended.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour before enjoying!
Scoop into pretty bowls.
Top with berries, shredded coconut or cacao nibs.
Healthy Gluten-Free Chocolate Pudding
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup cacao or cacao powder
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup coconut milk (or organic rice milk)
- Melt the chocolate chips with one t. water in the microwave.
- Wash the avocados, slice in half and scoop out the flesh. Then blend in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate, cacao, maple syrup and vanilla right to the food processor. Or, mix everything in another bowl.
- Beat until mixed well.
- Slowly add the milk – add in more to have creamier pudding, less to have a thicker texture.
- Chill in fridge before eating.
- Top with chocolate chips, berries, coconut, or cacao nibs.